In the run up to Christmas we’ll show some of the objects added to the Museum’s collection in the last 12 months. These objects will be on display at the Museum until we close for Christmas on 16th December.
The Elm Park Hotel was the first public house to be built in the area after the construction of the Elm Park estate in the early 20th century. The pub opened in 1938 and was closed in 2013. It is now a Sainsbury’s. This token was issued for a New Years’ party in 1951/52 – probably a paid event as this token would have readmitted the holder to the party.
Donated by Tom Renvoize