In the run up to Christmas we’ll show some of the objects added to the Museum’s collection in the last 12 months. These objects will be on display at the Museum until we close for Christmas on 16th December.
This badge was worn by Vera Brazier, the donor’s aunt, who was a member of the “Blue-tit Patrol”, 2nd Hornchurch Company of the Girl Guides. They met at St. Andrew’s Church Hall where they are still based today. The Girl Guides were formed in 1910 by Agnes Baden-Powell whose brother Robert had earlier established the Boy Scouts. He asked if she could form the Girl Guides branch in response to demand for an equivalent society for girls.
Donated by Eva Arbeider